Translate

Friday, September 22, 2017

Complacency no more!






It's very easy to create your own routine in life and settle for the general lifestyle mantra of... be content, have ambitions, and leave God out of your very busy daily schedule. I've been thinking about this lately and I've realised I've become complacent. I am more settled with coming home and turning on the television to fill my time than I am of doing the much needed cleaning and the even more important spending quality time with God. I've been trying to do everything in my strength and not God's and as a result justify my exhaustion through the easiest method of input, entertainment and non-isolating when you're actually isolated techniques - television, television and more television. It's not what's on the television but the fact that it's a something to break the silence of being isolated. Something the let's you distract your own thoughts and have 21st subliminal messaging flashing through.  Something that lets you be a zombie... and there's nothing overly wrong with that except for the fact that for me I've become complacent in all the other things I could be doing.

I've become complacent in allowing God to move. I'm not limiting God, because for sure He can move mountains and I have no say in what He's going to do if He really wants to do it, but I have reserved myself to allow God to move in my life only when it suits me. Only when I'm going to be comfortable. Only when I don't have to please people. Only when I'm not going to be vulnerable... and that's not okay.

My daily mantra I'm changing.  My wake up moment is now "Hello God, what are You doing today? Can I be a part of it?"  We weren't put on this earth to solely exist. We weren't put on this Earth to go with the motions. We were put on this Earth to be His hands and feet and to bring Him glory.  This is my ambition, this is my perspective and this is what I'm going to strive to do. To allow myself to be used by God and to ensure I fill my spirit with quality material. Turning off the televisionpetiodically and just listening, allowing God to move. Spending quality time with Him and going "I am Your child, use me.  I don't care about what people think of me as long as I honour You first!"





“You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavour, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men. “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:13-16‬ ‭(NKJV‬‬)





“He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭91:1‬ ‭(NKJV)

Image result for god use me

No comments:

Post a Comment