Translate

Friday, October 12, 2012

A PARTY IN HIS HOUSE

It's only been just over one week since I've started the Young People's DTS and boy what an amazing time it has been.

Even though it's my second time, I am learning so much. But I have also had some challenging times with frustrations, fears, tears and confusion.

Some of these came on expectantly, some of it came on by surprise. One in particular was while I was climbing up Eagle Rock mountain, pictured below. In climbing this massive, rocky mountain, we were told to stay to the left of the mountain. "Sure" I thought. "That will be easy" I thought. But in what I thought was just a smooth hop scotch turned into me being stranded between 10 and 30 metres up a cliff, 3 metres before the top but with no way to get up.

Even though God directed my feet to safe footholds, there was no where else I could go. Thankfully one of my leaders was able to climb up, and after one and a half hours was able to help me down.

This taught me multiple lessons. One, my stubbornness can be really dangerous. Two, you really need to listen to leaders and follow them to the dotted line. Three, even if you think you'll end up on the same flat path as everyone else, it isn't always the case. Four, this can apply to other aspects in life, thinking that a temptation is only a soft core temptation compared to the hardcore temptation you were previously tempted by. However, it is still as dangerous as the hardcore temptation as it can cause just as much harm, if not more harm, than the previous temptation.

There has been so much more that I am learning about and so much that I want to share, but that will have to wit until another time.

(Eagle Rock)

(The view I saw looking down from the cliff face - where I was rescued)

(YWAM Eagle Rock Campus from the unofficially named Eagle Rock Mountain)

No comments:

Post a Comment