Translate

Friday, December 20, 2013

ROAD TRIP!

Hey y'all. 
So I haven't been online in a long time, which has meant a lot of you haven't heard from me.  So I'll give you a quick update...

I'm still at Strong Tower Ministries (www.urmystrongtower.com) and am now a serving leader, known also as an intern (whilst being a student - graduating the student part in April/May 2014). This has meant a huge shift in perspectives and a reality shift. 

My address is still the same at 
7801 Burns Street
Hitchcock, Tx 77563
USA

So if you have time, drop a line - I'd love to hear how you're going and get in touch again. 

It also means I'm helping with the weekend (and sometimes weekday) fundraisers. Here we sell crosses (that we've hand made) and ask for donations - often in front of Walmart or Sam's Club, rain, hail, snow and shine (for around 10-12 hours each day). 

A privilege though has been being allowed access to the internet on my downtime on the weekends (only when I'm leading a crew - which doesn't happen too often). So I'm going to try to update y'all with what's been happening when that opportunity arises. --> I've only had that chance 3 times in the past 2 months though so it doesn't happen too often and is probably around an hour total. But I do want to keep in touch - so snail mail is the best way, as I don't have too much time to reply to emails or Facebook and also don't want my phone internet to become a distractant from my walk with God. 

But the last two days a couple girls and I were fundraising just down the road in Santa Fe (Texas) and arriving back at Strong Tower tonight, was told we had to pack our bags immediately to join another crew, and now we are heading to Nebraska City and Lawerence (Nebraska) and Hiawatha, Kansas. It's a 13 hour drive, but it's an opportunity to represent God and ST and provide an open door for anyone wanting help to break free of their problems, whether it's drugs, alcohol, depression, domestic violence, homelessness, or wanting a fresh start after prison or jail - any life controlling issues. 

So if you could pray for safe travels, weather and unity and selflessness that'd be great. 

We are also leaving Monday to go on our Christmas break, many of us with flights and bus trips that we have to make - so if you could pray that we make it back before our flights that'd be great. 

Merry Christmas y'all too!!! Know that I love you and am so thankful for your support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment