Translate

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It's Time to Raise Support :)


Dear Friends and Family,

Wow, another year has almost gone since I last had the chance to write to you. Some of you I see regularly and some of you not so much, which I wish was different but sadly locations and times can make that goal difficult to achieve.

How are you all? What’s been happening? What has God been doing in your life? I look forward to hearing your answers either by email (rakaah@gmail.com), mail (15 Logan St, Gatton, 4343, QLD) or text message (0400909755), but let me tell you my answers in advance.

This past year has been an interesting year. It’s been one of ups and downs on the roller coaster of life, which I know most people ride regularly with me on, whether daily or yearly. It’s been one of trusting God, losing sight of God’s direction and therefore loss of perseverance of finding life’s enjoyments with God. But it has also been one, where I have learnt a lot of things too.

I’ve learnt to persevere through the hard times; to go to God first (or try to), and rely on God to help me get through the hard times. I’ve learnt the importance of regular quiet times with God, and the fact that regular contact, as we do in our friendships, is important to maintain the growing relationship that God programmed us to have. I have also found direction for six months of my life, which is exciting and a totally new step in an area that I would never have considered for myself four years ago.

For the last few months to almost a year, God has slowly been opening my heart to the concept of doing a Discipleship Training School (DTS) with Youth With A Mission, more commonly known as YWAM. (More details of this catalyst can be found on the blog I have created to share my YWAM experience, or leading up to YWAM experience, which is www.kara-followinginhisfootsteps.blogspot.com). But one of the more exciting things, which I haven’t actually had the chance to write about on my blog, is that I’ve actually put in an application to one of Australia’s YWAMs AND been accepted, which is REALLY exciting.

In October, this year (2011), I will be travelling down to Newcastle (New South Wales), Australia, for six months, to complete a DTS. What is a DTS you may ask? A DTS is an intensive, residential training course, which is based on the Bible, covering topics like God’s nature and character; building and maintaining Godly relationships; God’s intentions for individuals, peoples, and nations; the value of human life through the eyes of the creator; bringing the promise of hope into a broken world and addressing issues of poverty and injustice, just to name a few. These topics are covered in the lecture phase, which is conducted in the first 12 weeks of the six month course duration, and prepares the students for the following phase, putting the classroom teachings into action, which is outreach.

This year, the Compassion DTS (which is the DTS I am doing), has two team outreach locations. The first team will spend two weeks in Toowoomba helping out in the community, with people affected by the January floods (and yes there is still a lot of work to be done), as well as the general community, followed by eight weeks in Cambodia; and the second team will spend five weeks in Latvia and five weeks in Russia. All three overseas outreach locations will be focusing on ‘children at risk’ and human trafficking groups, which is exciting as it’s a field I was really keen to get into a few years ago, but just didn’t know how to.

Some of you may think that this is crazy, bizarre, and an act of delusion, and maybe I am delusional. But I would rather take the risk and appear delusional for God, and search for the unique plan He has for me, as well as every single one of us, than fit in with every day life; continuing in attempting degrees, spending money, gambling time in trial and error of what I think may be the right direction for my life and losing hope and purpose in living, every time I fall short. So I have decided that no matter what trials, difficulties or challenges I come across in this ensuing journey, I am going to give it everything I have; I am going to trust God with every aspect of my life, and I am going to allow my heart to be open for change. If this isn’t a part of God’s plan, then I will accept it, and seek His guidance for the plan He does have for me, but some help would also be appreciated.

I am looking for people who would be able to support me, whether through finance, prayer, or anything that you think may help. Currently my prayer requests are as follows:

· Raising all the money ($3950) required for the lecture phase (which covers food, accommodation, classes, etc.) before the due date of 4th of October 2011

· That the plans God has for me, would become clear and fall into place, and that I’d be able to let go of the plans that aren’t His.

· Ideas to raise awareness and support for outreach, which is between $2500 and $4500.

· Learning to trust in God 100%; be content with His provisions and blessings, and to know that I should not be scared of anything, as He is in control.

· That the people that God has called would respond, whether that is to do this DTS or to speak or whatever God may have placed on people’s hearts.

If you would be interested in supporting me in any way, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I will be contacting you personally in July, especially if I haven’t heard from you, to see how you are going and to find out if you can support me in any way, and if you would be interested in getting regular updates on the whole YWAM experience?

Hope you are all well.

GBUG (God Bless U Good),

Kara Martin

38Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest. (Matthew 9:38)

If you would like to support me in any way, please email me at rakaah@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment