Translate

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

August 2011 Newsletter!!!



Dear friends and family,

How are you? Can you believe how fast these last few months have flown by?

I know I said that I would send a follow up letter in July, but with the announcement of Mum’s engagement to one very lucky Gordon Beckett, and their upcoming wedding before October; a friend’s wedding in October, in which as part of the bridal party there is a lot of tango-ing and twister-ing, in getting ready before I leave; wrapping up work at the refectory; moving house; getting in the quarter finals with the church soccer competition; watching and looking after my health; and fighting Centrelink, well let’s just say a lot has been happening and this letter has just taken awhile to be produced.

Thankfully God does not put us on the back burner when He’s busy. He always seems to have time for us and has our best interests in mind. For me, it’s been seeing God’s provision when things aren’t going as planned. To have, with your prayer and support, 39% of the full $8450 raised, without my follow up, is a God send. THANK YOU so much!!! It’s truly been a blessing and means I only need a further 8% ($648.55) before October 4, for the class/lecture phase, and then the rest (53%) by November 10.

Another thing God has been teaching me is conversational prayer and trusting Him; to not get caught on the nitty gritty bits in the Bible, as hard as that is for me.

So, for the next few weeks, these are my main goals.

• To learn to include God in everything. Telling Him what I’m feeling, when I’m feeling it.
• To trust, know and believe God will provide everything, including the remaining lecture fees ($648.55) before October 4; as is the same with the outreach fees ($4225), before November 10, 2011, whether that be through you, your prayers, or some other means, which only God knows, and in only God can I trust.

If you would like to support me, through prayer or finance, please let me know.

My email address is rakaah@gmail.com, this email is also my paypal account contact email. My

mobile number and postal address can be obtained from privately emailing me or leaving me a comment, with your forwarding email address. If you would like to directly deposit into my YWAM bank account please email me also for this detail.


Thank you for your prayers and support,

Until next time,
GBUG (God Bless U Good)
Kara Martin

1 comment:

  1. Ha. Kara! Love the post. My favourite part is how God is OFF THE HOOK, and how things are about to get preettty crazy.

    And the duck. I like the duck.

    ReplyDelete