Translate

Monday, November 14, 2011

Happenings!

Hey all,
Sorry I haven't posted anything lately. I'm still alive!

Right now I have a few minutes spare, which I can quickly update you on what's been happening, and I'll hopefully getting round to giving you a full update later.

So the last time I wrote, I think was when I needed $500 within 24 hours, to pay for airline tickets, and thankfully it all came in. Thank you to those who were praying, helped support me financially, and God for overseeing it all.

Since then, it's been usual work activities, apart from last week, where we spent a week at Tahlee.

Where we were staying used to be a Bible College, but now it's just a beautiful camping/dorm area.

We had the YWAM National Leaders Meeting, and Regional Leaders Training there, which involved YWAMmers from all over Australia, and the South Asia/Pacific areas, coming together. Our role, as Compassion DTS Students, whilst doing lectures, and studying, was serving these missionaries, and their kids, through food prep and clean up, cleaning out their accommodation and ammenities, and ensuring they had an enjoyful stay.

Our school also did their lectures (on Spiritual Warfare - by Peter R. Warren) with two other schools (Island Breeze - Based in Sydney; and YWAM, Cook Islands). This time was amazing. To have so many different cultures all mingled together, and just be filled with a joyous presence of people was simply divine and a God-send. Friends were definitely made!!!

We also had our YouthStreet live on Saturday night, and spent the Sunday afternoon, as a whole base, out on Croudace Bay - celebrating one of the staff members - Brooke, and relaxing/celebrating a few hard weeks, together.

This week, we are joining YWAM Newcastle's other DTS currently running - All Generation DTS, and we'll be learning about the Holy Spirit, and putting practical steps in place.

I wish you guys could all be here with me, and if you ever feel like writing, as I LOVE GETTING LETTERS!!! my address is...

Kara Martin
PO Box 162
The Junction NSW 2291
AUSTRALIA


But until we meet again, please let me know how you're going, and I will try and keep you guys informed on what God is doing (I will write a post later on what I think God is doing in my life... some clear, some not quite as clear), and what is happening at YWAM Newcastle, or wherever I am in the world!

GBUG
Kara!

No comments:

Post a Comment