Translate

Thursday, October 06, 2011

Day 2 (Sunday 2nd of October, 2011)

Today was another day of more people arriving, games, and settling in, with two days to go until the Compassion DTS officially starts. There are three schools here at the moment – The Compassion DTS, The All Generation DTS (both starting on October 4) and The Creative DTS (which is about to go on their outreach phase, having started in July).

A few of us students (from the Compassion DTS and All Generations DTS) checked out Woolworths also today. Surprisingly a lot of the Americans cannot say Woolworths, so it has been officially dubbed its Australian name of Woolies, on International standards.

Becca and I also had a few tackling sessions today, and boy were they fun. It’s great to be able to grapple with someone again. I haven’t done it for months, and sure do miss it. We did wonder, at one stage, the impression we were creating for the Americans, of an Australian representative… then we just laughed. It was great.

Becca, Dieuwke, and I also introduced one of my team mates, Jeff, to 313 (three thirteen), a card game where you start with three cards, in the first round, and end with thirteen cards, in the tenth round, trying to get as low a score as possible. I do admit, playing with someone who is a bit jet lagged still, and would be, if he was still in Maui, be playing at 3am. But it was a blast of laughs :).

I still, at times, wonder what I am doing here, and why I am here. Part of me wants to run away and hide, as I feel, compared to a lot of people, I am so not ready for this, or what God has in store. But I’m just taking it one step at a time and trying to learn to not compare, all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment